Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Working 9 to 5...

Okay really it's only 1:00-4:00; but nonetheless, today is the first day I will be leaving Charlotte to go back to work.  Not bedside nursing, and not 12 hour shifts and yet my heart is still in turmoil.  I know the 4 hours I am away will be wonderful. She will have a blast with her grandpa and will be loved and cuddled and protected while I am gone, but I can't help but shed a tear or two this morning as the hours together dwindle. I am teaching a class at Shasta College for the next 2 weeks. It will go quickly and be a huge help financially to our family. I'll update tomorrow how the first day goes. First day is always the hardest.

Charlotte is doing wonderfully. I think she is starting to take after daddy a little bit in her sleeping preference. It is 8:10 right now and she is still out like a light. Which would be wonderful if it weren't for the fact that my body has a feast fit for a king waiting to feed to her, making it rather unpleasant for me to wait.
She has rolled from her back to her tummy a total of 3 times. She seems to get 99% of the way over, then flop back to her back. I was talking to a man in the grocery store yesterday who told me his 6 month old is crawling all around the house. I just smiled and kissed my little boo boo who is perfectly content stationary. I am savoring every second of her immobility. How convenient to be able to set her in one place and know in 5 minutes she will be in that exact same place. I know it won't last forever, but I have a few more months to enjoy!

Hooray! She's awake!

No comments: