Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Still Toothless

Last post I discussed our visit from the tooth monster. Well, he really is a monster because he spent a week tormenting my sweet girl and then denied her the satisfaction of actually sprouting teeth.  So, we are still toothless around here. But the good news is my sweet, happy baby girl is back to her normal self.  So was it teething? Was she sick? Was she just cranky for a week? Who knows. One of the many mysteries of motherhood; sometimes you just can't know what's going on in their little bodies.
It is such a relief to have my sweet girl back. She is laughing at everything recently. Yesterday she was sitting on the floor playing and I was playing peek-a-boo from behind the couch. She was laughing so hard that she tipped over! Her laugh is so contagious and so sweet.
We are still figuring out our solid food plan of attack. I'm sticking with mostly whole food and allowing her to feed herself, but also offering a little help if she wants. So far her favorites are bananas and sweet potatoes. Sometimes I offer twice a day, others just once, and sometimes, if we are busy, she doesn't get any at all. I am slowly working my way up to at least once a day, with the goal being twice a day by the time she is about 8 months. I know she is getting all she needs from breastfeeding, so eating is more of a learning/fun experience right now.
At the end of the year I will be writing a letter to myself about all the things I have learned about being a first-time mommy. That way, I will be able to remind myself of these lessons when we do this again. I work on the letter in the shower almost everyday. It's really more of a novel than a letter. I usually promptly forget by the time a finish drying off. I better start taking notes :) I have learned so many valuable lessons and continue to learn and grow daily.
The weather has been dreary which can make the days a little long, but there is sunshine in the forecast and I couldn't be happier about it.  I am so looking forward to the summer.
I'm sorry to say I didn't take any new pictures this week. Rest assured, next week's posts will be fully saturated with them.

1 comment:

Thomas Turner said...

Hi, Sweetie! Hi, Charlotte!