Thursday, May 19, 2011

Growing

Charlotte is growing developing so quickly lately. She may be on the petite side, but that's not stopping her! It has been so fun the past few weeks watching her learn so many new things. As of today, she can roll from her tummy to her back and her back to her tummy. (Though she has only done that once). Phew! Glad to know she won't be needing to master that skill in kindergarten. She will sit on her blanket and really play with her toys. Today, she was dropping her rattle into a bucket, taking it out, then dropping it in again. Each time it would loudly drop to the bottom, she would laugh. She is becoming selective in her toy preferences. If presented with the same 3 toys, she will always choose her favorite. When sitting on her blanket, she will "bail out" of her sit in order to get to a toy that is out of reach. Today at lunch Jeremy said, "she is becoming such a person." Yes, we did birth a person after all. But I get what he means. She is really maturing and showing her personality.
She wakes up chatting and doesn't stop all day. This morning it was, "yayayaya hhhhhhiiiiiiiii dadadada" and then, "wwwwwoooowwwww." She loves the sound of her voice, and so do I! I even had to step out of the room to talk on the phone because I couldn't hear over her jibber-jabber.
She now helps you get her out of the carseat. After you loosen the straps, she puts her arms straight out and arches her back. It is actually quite helpful.
From the beginning I sensed she had a gentle, content spirit; so far that seems to be holding true. I can't believe in a few short months she will be walking and talking. I never thought I would look forward to that, but I now realize how fun it will be to hear what she has to say.
Every 6 month old needs a bathrobe, right?





I made her a Taggie. I hope she loves it :)

No comments: