Friday, October 28, 2011

A Tweet Birdie Celebration

We did it. We fed, bathed, loved, snuggled, laughed, cried, played, changed, cared for Charlotte for an entire year. One year. Because this event was guaranteed to break my heart, I decided to redirect my focus on planning a fun celebration. I know, "Charlotte won't know it's for her." You're right: it was for me.

I had so much fun scouring the internet for clever ideas, making decorations, baking food, it helped me to concentrate on what a blessing she is and what a true celebration her birthday is; rather than wallowing in self-pity.

The party was so a blast. It was the most perfect day outside and the yard passed its first real test with flying colors.

Charlotte seemed to have a wonderful time. She was showered with generous gifts and thanked everyone with big smiles and excitement.
Part Favors


Birdie Cake

12 Month Banner


Bird's Nests

Food Table (All Birdie Themed)


A New Favorite Toy


Excited about a new Dollie

Mmm... Baby Apple Cake


Birthday girl and her Daddy

Drinks 


No comments: