Sunday, October 2, 2011

11 Months

I just sealed the envelopes to Charlotte's First Birthday Party invitations. What? Not me, I have a newborn baby; not a toddler. How did this happen? How is this the last "monthly update" before my baby is ONE YEAR OLD! No, Father Time, you have made a mistake and stolen 10 months from me.  Because, you see, I just had a baby. In fact, I just found out I was pregnant. So there is no possible way I am inviting friends and family over to celebrate her first birthday.

Despite my fruitless plea, here are the updates:

Standing well unassisted, no steps yet
Recognizing animals and trying to name them
Developing a sense of humor (fake laughing when we laugh at her)
Learning to sing ("Oooohhh")
2 naps
4 teeth
9-12 month clothing
Climbing on EVERYTHING!

We started a little Movement class last week and Charlotte had the time of her life. It is exactly what I was looking for. A big padded room with baby sized obstacles for her to climb on. I think she was in heaven. She climbed up 5 huge steps and slid down the slide, she bounced on a tire, she swam in the ball pit.

We also went and toured a dairy farm. Almost equally exciting. She met cows and pigs and goats. The whole way home she was saying, "mmaaa" which I must assume, in her world, is what the cow says.

Recently, Charlotte has started giving hugs and kisses. Be still my heart. She puts her head on my shoulder, pats my back, and says "awww." As if my heart could love her anymore.

The crew meeting the goats

Love them!

Cows...MAAA

Explode my heart!

Chatting about their day on the farm

Girls on a farm

Love them!

Climbing everywhere!

Learning guitar

Love

Asleep, sitting up, resting against the bars

No comments: