Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ryder-3 Months

A few days behind, but Ryder is now 3 months old. I love this age. He is so incredibly sweet, happy and giggly. He is a big boy, weighing in the high 13 pound range.  I love that we are starting to learn his personality. He is really easy going, will fall asleep in your arms anywhere, despite any noise or commotion. He is so happy, just look at him and he can't help but smile. His smile is so big and contagious; it looks like his face is going to burst with joy. He spends most of his day sleeping still, but he enjoys his little jungle gym or bouncey seat for about 10-15 minutes at a time. He also LOVES the Moby wrap, and usually takes his second nap of the day in it, while Charlotte plays at the park or Turtle Bay.

At home, when he is ready for a nap, just wrap him up and put him in his bed, he goes right to sleep.  When we are out, just hold him tight with his paci, and he drifts right off. His normal  day starts at 7 with a feeding. From there he is awake about an hour to hour and a half, then down for a nap until his next feeding. At night, he goes to bed at 7, never puts up a fight, and sleeps anywhere from 6-10 hours. He has yet to sleep a full 12 hours, but I keep telling myself he will get there eventually. A good night he will sleep from 7-4:30/5, on a bad night he will wake up at 1 and eat, then eat again around 4:30/5.

Today is his first day in the pac 'n play in the middle room. This is a temporary situation, until he is sleeping through the night and Charlotte is ready for her big girl bed. (That story deserves a blog in itself). They will be in the same room eventually. I decided it was time to move him because I don't trust the cradle with much more weight. I was having terrible thoughts about it collapsing on him in the middle of the night..


We are so blessed to have him in our family. I feel like I have bonding with him even faster and stronger than I did Charlotte. I just want to kiss him and squeeze him all day long. Something about doing it the second time gives you a different perspective. I know this tiny baby stage will be gone in a blink, I just want to soak up every minute with him.





No comments: