Thursday, October 25, 2012

Charlotte 2 Years


To my incredible daughter:

Dear Sweet Charlotte,
   Today, you turn 2 years old. I promised myself I would make it through the day without a tear shed. This is a day for rejoicing; for celebrating your beautiful life, your bright spirit. You are the most astounding 2 year old I have ever met. Your vocabulary is that of a 4 year old and your personality of a 13 year old. You are determined and driven beyond control. You are a self-starter and stubborn. You are brilliant and hilarious. And you are stunning.
   You are the perfect little mommy, spending the majority of your day rocking, and hugging and caring for your babies. You are the best big sister a little boy could want. You love and protect your brother, nothing melts my heart more than seeing your tender care toward others.
  I spent my whole life dreaming of being a mommy, but I never dreamt about my children. I never thought about what you would look like or sound like or smell like. I had no idea the gift I received the day you entered my life. You surpass any dream or expectation I may have had.
  You make me laugh everyday. Your enthusiasm for life inspires me. You make me want to be a perfect mommy. I know I never will be, or could be, but I promise to love you immeasurably until my dying day. I will encourage you and guide you, stand by your side forever. I will love your daddy and siblings and provide a safe family environment for you to grow and thrive.
  Thank you for being you, what a gift it is to me to be your mommy.

I love you baby girl,
Your adoring mommy.





No comments: