Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Eruption

It's here!  The very first tooth. Can't see it yet, but you can definitely feel it.  And the break through was relatively painless (for us both).

Charlotte did have a pretty rough two days, but handled it like a trooper. Vaccines in the morning, ear infection (Not on the eardrum, but in the canal. No oral antibiotics needed, just some drops) and tooth overnight. Despite it all, she was still in good spirits today.

She has officially added "Mama" to her vocabulary. It is starting to trump "Dada" though "Dada" still holds the record for most spoken word by a long shot. She says it with her tongue out so it's a mix between "mama" and "baba." It is very sweet. And she is so proud of herself.

My first week away from her could not have gone any better. She spent 2 days with my dad, one day with Jer, and one day with my mom. She was an angel all four days, not that I would have expected any differently. I don't know if I would say I enjoyed my time away, but it was not nearly has heart-wrenching as I expected it to be. I am gone a little over 3 hours, and the time flies by.  It is comforting to know that she is happy and being well loved while I am away. I also like knowing that she is secure and feels safe even if I am not there. One potential down-fall of being a stay-at-home mom is the lack of socialization your baby receives. I appreciate that Charlotte doesn't need me in her sight to be happy and know that she is loved. We'll see in a few months if she continues to feel that way.

Every morning Charlotte wakes up and chats with herself in her crib. Then, if Jer is still home, he goes and gets her and brings her to our bed. I nurse her and then we spend 10 minutes talking and snuggling in bed. This is hands-down the sweetest 10 minutes of my day.  Today I was thinking how precious this time is. When #2 comes along I won't have the luxury of lounging in bed with him/her without a toddler running around and needing my attention also. I am savoring every moment I get to pour 100% of my love an attention into my beautiful daughter.

Love strawberries!

Yes, the entire strawberry is in her mouth. She can't eat it fast enough

Got my first tooth today!


Who, me?


Can you see it?

No comments: