Monday, April 7, 2014

Ryder Michael 20 Months

Our sweet boy has definitely passed completely out of babyhood and run head first into toddlerhood. He is rowdy, daring, athletic, fun, sweet, and snuggly.

He just got over double ear infections and a sinus infection. Despite that, and 2 year molars, he remained relatively pleasant.

He now shares a room with big sister Charlotte, and absolutely loves it. They go to bed between 7 and 7:30 and usually sleep until about 8. He can climb out of his crib, but has only done it about 5 times.

He has all his teeth, and maybe even an extra incisor? Or his molars just came in in a really weird order. I'm not totally sure yet.

He is still completely obsessed with "gagetball" and screams anytime he sees a hoop.

He is talking like crazy! Full 3-4 word sentences that are easily understandable.

As I'm writing this, he came over with Charlotte's bike helmet and we had this conversation:

"Charlotte's helmet! On peese! Help peese!"

(I put the helmet on his head)

"Buckle peese"

(I do the chin buckle)

"I go ride bike."

"Ok, go for it!"

"Door lock. Help peese"

Some other favorite catchphrases are:

I'll help
I'll come
It brokes (anything that isn't working)
Needs batteries
More treat peese

His vocabulary is expansive. Yesterday he saw a fountain as we were driving and said, "Waterfall!"
When I asked him, "how did you know that word?!?" Charlotte quickly responded, "I think God told him."

He adores his big sister and they really play well together. He is a little too compliant, always willing to be the guinea pig and test out dangerous situations. She loves to 'put him to bed' and basically boss him around.

He is very social, in direct contrast with sister. He will say hi to anyone, give anyone a hug, let anyone hold him or play with him. He loves the church nursery and has never had a problem being checked in.

But at the end of the day, he is still my sweet snuggly boy. He would let me rock him to sleep every night. He loves to sit on my lap and read books. He loves to be held and "help" make dinner.

Thankfully, he still really enjoys being on my back in his carrier. This has made my life so much easier and allowed me to take two kids anywhere I need to go. And luckily, he is still so little, I don't even notice him back there!

We are incredibly grateful for a fun little wild man. Can't imagine how boring life would be without him!


No comments: