Wednesday, August 1, 2012

And Then There Were Two

Week one as a family of four.  Time! Slow down!!! My brand new baby is 7 whole days already!

We have had an incredible week filled with wonderful visits from friends and family, dinner deliveries, even a trip to the pool.

Before Ryder's arrival I was filled with doubt and worry. Every mother goes through it. How can I love another baby? I'm so sad to lose my one-on-one time with Charlotte. I don't want to start all over, Charlotte has come so far!

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Ryder is the biggest blessing this family has received since Charlotte. I love him instantly and powerfully. The way only a mother can love her child. And I still love Charlotte just as much. Maybe a little more? To see her become a big sister has been incredible.

Charlotte absolutely adores her new baby brother. Despite our best efforts to teach her his name, he will forever be "Baby Tummy" in her eyes. She hugs, and kisses, and pets, and ogles over him all day long. She brings him his pacifier, she says, "It's okay Baby Tummy" when he cries. She has been on her best behavior, not a tear shed in at least 2 days. She has been listening and following instructions better than ever. I have had plenty of one-on-one time with her and don't feel like she is being slightly one bit. I have yet to miss a bedtime.

Ryder is the best baby.  So content to observe his new world. So tolerant of big sister constantly climbing and patting. He eats well, sleeps well and snuggles perfectly.

I officially LOVE  having a newborn in the house.  I love getting up and feeding him at night. In the quiet house, just the two of us. I stare at him and cry tears of love and joy. I snuggle him, and smell him, and eventually force myself to put him back to bed.











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awe Baby Tummy. That is PRECIOUS. You will always remember that one! He's so adorable. I want to squeeze him :)