Tuesday, March 22, 2011

5 Months

Has it really been 5 months?  150 days? 3600 hours?

Isn't is incredible that you can spend 3600 hours straight with a person (nay, 3593) and never grow tired of them.

Wrapping up month 4. I would have to say this has been the month with the most ups and downs so far.  Not necessarily "downs," just a few more bumps. We have had a few sleep challenges and a few eating challenges, but we are learning and growing each day. Charlotte is teaching me so much about parenting, and about myself.

More notably, we have had some incredible highs. Charlotte is an absolute crack-up!  She is now laughing frequently, and becoming a real chatter-box. She is experimenting with new sounds  (like yelling) and becoming proficient at toy-to-mouth interactions.

No, she does not roll, or sit, or have teeth, or weigh more than 12 pounds.

Yes, she does fit in most of her 0-3 month clothes still, but out of principle I dress her in 3-6 month attire.

She is full of joy, and love, and happiness, and we couldn't be any more blessed.

And she loves the Bruins, so Jeremy has agreed to keep her.

I gave her a taste of avocado on Saturday and she was quite offended. Jeremy, not wanting any to go to waste, consumed it for her. We will try again next month. After hours and hours of research, I have settled on this method for introducing solids.  We will start at 6 months and see how it goes. If nothing else, it will make for great pictures!

She loves her exersaucer, her jungle gym, and her Jenny Jump-up.

She graduated from front-carry to back-carry and is pretty pleased with herself. I love it too! Since she is so light, on my back I can hardly tell I am even holding her.

She naps like a pro, and loathes bedtime. Seriously, how can she tell the difference? Once asleep, she snoozes peacefully for 11-12 hours.

One thing I know for sure: I am ready for some sunshine! And so is Abbey...

Big girl

GO BRUINS!!!


Bath time

Mmm...Sophie


Best friends

Happy St. Patrick's Day! (I know the flower is huge, but it's the only green one we have!)

1 comment:

Thomas Turner said...

Great pics, sweetie! Love to Jer!

T