Wednesday, May 2, 2012

18 and 7 Months

I guess I should be fired from my prestigious position as family blogger.  I sure did fall of the wagon.

Charlotte is now 18 months old.  She weighs 22 (23?) pounds and is 31 inches tall. I think 30% in both categories.

Her favorite foods are:
Mac 'n Cheese
Broccoli
Pirates Booty
Smoothies
All fruit
Whatever snack the other kid is having

Her favorite activities are:
Playing at the park (especially the swing)
Playing with her friend Charlie
Splashing in water
Reading books
Playing with her dollies

It is so fun to see her imagination really starting to take off. She now takes her baby and says, "Night night, baby" and proceeds to cover her with a blanket and offer her a pacifier.  Then she comes over to me and says, "Charlotte, nice!" Just to let me know how nice she was being to her baby.  Yep, ready to be a big sister.

Her vocabulary is unbelievable. We have that big book of 100 words and she literally knows every single word in the book.  She talks all the time, and will parrot anything you say.  Yikes! Time to start watching what we say!  You know what sailors we are around here...

Her gross motor skills are also dramatically improving. She can jump both feet off the ground, she runs and climbs and bear crawls.  Her knees are officially those of a kid. Skinned, bruised, and dirty.

She loves to point out the obvious.  And make sure everyone knows whose things are whose.  She will bring out a pair of Jeremy's underwear and tell me, "daddy's, panties." (No, he doesn't wear panties, but we haven't gotten to that yet.) As we walk through the garage, "Daddy's, lawnmower." "Daddy's, bike." When Jer gets home from work and goes to change his clothes she runs after him, "Daddy, naked!"

She loves being in the park and seeing the dogs and bikes and river and planes.  Every time a bike rides by she is convinced it is Jer.  Because, clearly he is the only person in town who owns a bike.

Booboo2 is doing great. An active little thing. I will be 7 months on Monday. 3rd trimester. Home stretch.  I genuinely love being pregnant. Especially now that I look pregnant and can feel the baby moving all the time.  It feels like such a miracle.

Charlotte knows there is a baby in my tummy. But there is also one in her tummy and Jer's. A little abstract for an 18 month old.  But she loves to point to my belly and say, "Hi baby!"

I will get some new pictures and post them next time around!

No comments: