Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teeth, bruises, and Night Shift

It seems like Charlotte jumped on the gross motor skill speed train all of sudden.  Out of the blue, this baby can crawl, stand, climb, explore, and get into some serious trouble. In the past week she has had at least 2, if not 3 bruises on her face at all times. Just as one is starting to fade, she takes a header into the dining room table. Then, to add insult to injury, pulls the metal office chair on top of herself.  It's rough being little. It is such a joy to watch her explore her world at her own pace in her own way. I love watching her little mind ponder a dilemma and process a solution; albeit often a poor solution.

The tooth count is up to 3, but since she would rather bite her tongue off than let me feel in her mouth, it's possible there are 15 in there and I just have no idea. I'm going to stick with 3 for now.

The big news in this household is my return to work. After 11 glorious months at home with my baby girl, it's time to leave my calling as a stay at home mom and go back to the grind of 12 hour shifts in the middle of the night. Sound dramatic? It was for effect. In reality, I accepted a Supplemental position in the NICU meaning I will only work 2 shifts a month. Since Charlotte is an angel baby and sleeps from 7-7 she will be none the wiser of my absence.  I'm apprehensive about that first shift back, but once I get that under my belt I'm sure it will be smooth sailing. And hopefully those few shifts a month will enable us to tear out this atrocity of a front yard next year and replace it with something less embracing beautiful, functional, aesthetically pleasing.

My husband can die a happy man. We upgraded our 6 year old computer to an iMac. The same iMac he has been researching for the past year. Having never used a Mac, I am in the middle of a relatively steep learning curve. That being said, this post is lacking pictures because I don't know how to put them on this computer yet.


1 comment:

Dave said...

Okay, I was just about to say, where are the pictures of Charlotte's bruises? Then I read the last paragraph. You can be forgiven a little ramp up time. Honestly, before you know it, you'll ask yourself why you ever thought Windows was any good.

Lookin' forward to those pics :-)