Monday, July 11, 2011

My Little Fish

Charlotte had her first swimming lesson today at the YMCA. I was apprehensive to say the least. Not only was her first pool experience less than exceptional; the lesson coincided perfectly with nap time. But, being the brave mommy I am, I put on our swimsuits and headed to the pool. The lessons are at the indoor pool and I think every kid west of the Sacramento River is enrolled. It was loud, and humid, and chaotic. Expecting the worst, we got in the bath pool (the water must have been at least 90 degrees). With a big smile on her face, she started splashing and kicking. All right! Unfortunately, the "Shrimp" class had very low enrollment, so us shrimp were combined with the seahorses. Despite the fact that the class is geared for 4 year olds, I am looking forward to at least exposing Charlotte to the water. And I am happy that she enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure by the end of the week she will be swimming the 50 Fly like a pro. Otherwise, I want my $25 back.

We have also been trying to have a few play dates each week. Charlotte, though not quite mobile, is starting to really enjoy being around new people and new toys. She is so sweet, sitting and watching the other kids crawl and play all around her.

We have had a very busy past few weeks, Charlotte has gone to bed late and missed many a nap, but she handles it well and continues to charm anyone who will give her the time of day. Love these long summer days!

No comments: