Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Big Catch Up Pt. 4

The remainder of the summer was packed with fun activities and trips, which of course made it fly by! After we got back from the cruise, we loaded up the car and headed over to the coast for a camping trip at Patrick's Point with our Home Group. It was a total blast! I had never been there, so it was really fun to finally get to experience it for myself. It was just as beautiful as everyone says it is. It was a little too cold for my liking, and we didn't pack nearly enough in the way of warmth, but other than that, we had a great time! It was so fun to get away for the weekend, enjoy time in God's beautiful creation, and make wonderful memories with my favorite group of friends! It was the first of many camping trips for our little Sweet P.
After that, we got to enjoy Jeremy's birthday and fourth of July with our Aunt and Uncle from North Carolina. We also celebrated our Uncle Jim's retirement. It was a fun weekend that included parties and a day out on the lake. It is always such a treat to get to spend time with family, especially family we don't get to see enough! I, unfortunately didn't get to enjoy the lake to its fullest because I had clumsily dropped a hot iron on my leg and had a major open burn. Thought dirty lake water might not be the best idea...
Jeremy and I both got our gender specific trip. Mine was a shopping trip to Sacramento with my dear friend Christa. We had a blast shopping for baby items and maternity clothes. So fun to spend some time with a great friend. Jeremy got his "Man Trip" in, which is an annual backpacking trip, which as the name suggests, is only open to those of the male gender (except Abbey, she's allowed to go).
This brings us up to the middle of August, 29 weeks pregnant, and on the road again; this time to Pismo Beach for a family reunion and my oldest brother's wedding. This trip had been planned last summer as a way to get everyone back together (it had been way too long). Pismo is a special place for my family, as we spent a week there every summer for 10+ years. After the trip was planned, we were overjoyed with the news that Paul and Danielle were expecting their first little blessing and planning a wedding. Since the trip was already arranged, it worked out perfectly to hold the wedding on the beach. Couldn't have worked out better! It was absolutely wonderful to spend the weekend with the entire family, celebrate their union and the new baby, and enjoy the beautiful (but freezing) ocean. We are so thrilled our little P will have 2 cousins so close in age! What a blessing!
We finished up the summer with a Dave Matthews Concert; Miss P's first concert! It was incredible. We went with our great friends Greg and Michelle. The weather was perfect, the music was amazing and the company was the best! Jeremy and I hadn't been to see him in a few years so it was great to squeeze that in before she gets here. Brought back many memories of our dating years.
Looking back through the summer calendar, I feel so blessed to have had such an exciting and busy few months. We are so fortunate to have these opportunities. These are memories we will never forgot and I am so incredibly thankful for them. I am so thankful for my amazing, adventurous husband, my incredible group of friends, and the beautiful surroundings in which we live. We are not the type of people to slow down just because a baby shows up, but I would say we did a pretty great job of jam packing our summer full of memories before her arrival. A spectacular last summer as "DINKS."
In addition to all the travel and activities, I spent a lot of time at work, which of course isn't as much fun, but sure does make the weeks go by! Working through the pregnancy was not nearly as bad as I thought it might be. I was blessed with an easy pregnancy! I really felt great all the way up until the end. I wasn't more tired, I didn't have any sickness, I almost couldn't tell a difference from before I was pregnant. However, I now have less than 2 weeks to go and it couldn't come fast enough! I am so anxious to start officially "nesting" but I don't feel like I can do that until I am finished with work. Also, my legs are swelling, my back is sore, the whole nine yards. Overall, I have absolutely nothing to complain about, these last 4 shifts will fly by and in a blink of an eye, our little blessing will be here!
I am still in complete disbelief at how close her arrival actually is. When I got pregnant, it felt as though she would never come. Now it feels like only yesterday I found out I was expecting; she will be here in 5 short weeks! As cliche as it sounds, it is so true! These past 9 months have just gone so quickly. I have loved every second of my pregnancy and will cherish these last few weeks that I get her all to myself. Every kick, wiggle, hiccup, is a miracle and a blessing. I am excited to meet her and share her, but for now I am happy having her all to myself.
This concludes our 4 part series of catching up, it is now up to me to stay up to date!
(Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post, I need to gather them from the various designated photographers. )

1 comment:

Thomas Turner said...

We are so excited, sweetie. Can't wait to meet the girl!

Papa Thom